Through my work, I am able to combine my love of words, my knowledge of marketing and my desire to help others, and I get to do it as my career!
From an early age, my parents encouraged me to read a lot, and I did. As a child, you would often find me getting lost in the pages of a good book. In college, I turned my focus on words to corporate communications – using words to tell stories about products or businesses. I worked in the marketing/public relations industry until I had children. Then, I enjoyed a few years off so that I could be home with them.
When I was ready to get back into the business, I wanted to do it differently. I wanted to do in ways that enabled me to connect with more people and in ways that empowered me to help more people and their businesses. That is why I started my editing and copywriting business, Mainstay Editorial Services.
My job is to help my clients and their businesses shine through their written words. I work behind-the-scenes with my clients making sure their messages are well written and relatable to their customers. I consider myself a mainstay – a source of support – for my clients, and I enjoy helping them grow their businesses.
1. You are busy running the day-to-day operations of your business. How will you find time to write about it as well?
2. Writing just isn’t your thing.
3. You know your business inside and out. You know the message you want to convey, but you are better at talking about it than writing about it.
4. Maybe you’ve written the content for your blog or website, but you’re not sure it sounds right. Or, what if there are mistakes?
5. Are you preparing for a presentation or writing an ebook for your clients, but need an extra set of eyes to make sure everything is spelled correctly and your words make sense?
There is no need for you to do it all. I can help with your editing and writing needs, so you can get back to the demands of running your business.
I work hard, and I love my work. But, I love my downtime too. My husband and I have been married for more than 20 years. We have two fun, active boys. When I’m not writing or editing, you will find me on the sidelines cheering them on in their activities. As a family, we love to travel, attend sporting events and simply get outside. And yes, you can still find me curled up on the couch with a good book.
Recently, I was featured as an inspiring story in Dallas Voyage. Take a look at the article to learn more about my journey into writing, editing and owning my own business.
Find out more about the projects I work on here.
Have a project you need edited?