Ten benefits of blogging that really pay off
You’ve heard blogging can be a valuable marketing tool for your business, but you are busy. Running a company pulls you in a million different directions. Do you really need to blog? Determining your content. Developing a publishing schedule. Researching the content. Creating the material. All of this takes time. Is it really worth the effort? In one word – yes.
It is important to remember that blogging is an investment. It can take time for the effort to pay off, but there are so many benefits to blogging that make it worth the work.
10 reasons you should blog
- Blogging boosts your online visibility. If done correctly and promoted well, blogs can help build a new audience of potential customers by increasing your brand awareness.
- Blogs drive traffic to your website, and who doesn’t want to get more people viewing their website?
- Regularly posting new blogs to your website signals to search engines, such as Google, that your site is active which in turn increases your SEO.
- Your personality can shine through your blogs. They give your readers the opportunity to get to know you and trust you.
- Social media is a big component of blogging. Not only can you use social media to promote your blogs, but others can easily share your blogs putting you in front of even more new readers.
- By sharing your knowledge and providing your readers with helpful content, they will begin to look to you as an authority in your industry. It goes back to building trust, and people are going to do business with organizations they trust.
- You can easily interact with your readers. Encourage your readers to ask questions or to leave comments on your blog posts. Take time to answer their questions, or respond to their comments. Make it a two-way conversation, and build those relationships.
- Use your blog to showcase your work. Your blog can serve as an online portfolio letting your readers and potential customers see a sample of your work.
- Turn readers into leads. Give readers an incentive to connect with you. By providing something of value for free in exchange for the reader’s email address, you now have a way to stay connected with that reader. Being in contact with your email subscribers by sending them newsletters, new product information or limited-time deals creates top-of-mind awareness for your company.
- Your blogs will continue to reach new readers long after they are posted. Thanks to search engines, your previous posts will pop up when people search for topics you have covered. However, you still need to produce new content. Remember benefit 3 above?
Need help with your blog?
As a business owner, you are busy. To add blogging to your already packed schedule can seem overwhelming. If you need someone to help with your blogs or to handle this aspect of your business, schedule a consultation with me, and let’s discuss.
Already have a blog?
Maybe you already have a blog but need help fine-tuning it. If you need a second set of eyes to review your blog, contact me. I just launched my blog editing program to help clients publish error-free blogs.
What are some of the benefits you have seen? Share them in the comments below.